Friday, February 11, 2011

Temptation.....

I'm craving Facebook and fighting not to give in to the temptation to start back up. I was just thinking this morning how much I have come to DEPRECIATE Facebook and the way it sucks you in to sharing every single thought and action that goes on in your life, your kids life, your husbands life and well, just life.

Since I have quit, I have been able to have such authentic and voice to voice conversations with my friends and family. I thought I would spend more time with my kids, but find myself getting sucked in to other useless internet websites.

Now, just four hours later I am missing the ability to see what's going on in everyone's lives.

Ugh. What to do, What to do. Everything is going virtual, I kinda just want to be old fashioned and just pick up a phone. But with technology like it is, its a little hard to want to live as if you were living in the 80's.

Do I give in to the temptation?

5 comments:

Trish said...

Dont do it Ging! Stay away.... life is wholesome without it! Facebook is following the crowd. Doing what everyone else is doing because everyone else is doing it and getting all caught up in shallow things. Be Stong! Call me!!!!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I think learning to control your temptations. I always give myself a time limit and then I also blog more about the raw feelings I have instead of putting them on facebook. It up to you. I have gotten so many free things on facebook and I have learned a lot about money, politics, food, and even our Church stuff. I also block or delete anyone who leaves negative status and I never get involved in other peoples drama. A well known family in my home towns daughter was killed in car accident last week and I would have never of known about it if it was not for facebook. She asked everyone for prayers and such and it was amazing to see how the virtual world could come together like that. She even went to say if it was not for the facebook comments she does not know if she could have buried her own daughter! Satan can make anything feel and look bad I think so its really just how you feel. I love you no matter what!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

this last week my computer sat in a tech support office getting fixed. It killed me not to have e-mail, but it made my realize that I check facebook and blogs way too much during the day and avoid my kids way too much....I loved having nothing to distract me, I think I am going to try to be on the computer way less...it's sooo tempting,and it totally does suck you in for hours at a time. It's hard being a stay at home mom, because it's our only connection to the outside world sometimes..good luck!

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

I couldn't say yay or nay on the facebook-it's definitely good and bad. It's what matters more to you. Maybe you can make it an exercise in discipline another way-instead of staying off, strictly limit what you do/for how long you do it. Or if you don't have the willpower, don't do it!

But, what I really wanted to say, is that I think it's hilarious that you said "living in the 80's" like it's a million years ago! It's amazing how quickly things can change!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is, at least get Skype so we can chat face to face. Miss you and your fam's Guts!!!
Leslie