Wednesday, October 1, 2008

TO BE SEALED IN DECEMBER 2008

Has it almost been a year? Wow, I can't believe how fast this year has gone and what an AMAZING year it has been. Some say that your 1st year of marriage is the hardest and some say otherwise.....

I would have to agree with the otherwise. As we draw closer to December 8th, I will be thinking of all the many specific blessings that have flowed into our lives, but at this time ask a special favor of my friends and family.

This December, Bill and I have the opportunity to be sealed in the LDS Temple. We thought we were originally going to have that opportunity, but were denied a Temple Clearance 5 days before our scheduled Wedding Day. Bill was previously married and under circumstances that we do not understand we were told by our Stake President that it was felt "We needed more time". This explanation was never clarified and though it was very disappointing and frustrating, we chose to proceed with our marriage at the Old Rock Church in Providence, Utah.

We've been able to attend the Temple together over the past year and though it was a constant reminder of our denial of a sealing, we have been exercising our faith that it will be granted this year.

There is nothing more We want than to kneel across the altar with our brand new little baby girl and be sealed for all of Eternity. We do have to go through the same process as we did last year, to obtain the clearance, and so this is where the favor comes in.

Please pray for us. I know prayers are answered regardless of which religion one may believe in. Some of you may not believe in the LDS Teachings and that's okay. I know those who read my blog do care about us and want us to be happy, that's why I can call you my friends.

December 13, 2008 is the date that we are praying for. If any of you would like to be a part of our sealing, please know you are invited. We plan on doing this special ceremony in the Logan LDS Temple. We cannot schedule it until we have the approval from the First Presidency. As soon as we hear word I will post it, it is being worked on right now.

I love you all so much. Thank you all for your Love and Support.

8 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

I will definately keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know without a doubt God hear's our prayers and knows the desires of your hearts. I would love to be a part of your special day at the temple.

Megan and Jon said...

You will be prayed for at the Kenney home it will be so awesome and a great experience to have you baby there. If there is room I would love to attend.

Anonymous said...

Ginger, what a beautiful experience this will be for all 3 of you. I can't think of a person who deserves this the most. You are definitley in our thoughts and prayers.

I let Carmen know that I couldn't view her blog either, and she said she needs our email addresses so that she can send us an invite to view it. She made her blog private because some weirdo was coping her family picutre's and things from her blog, to use on their blog. That's a little creepy. Anyway, so if I can get your email address to pass on to her, and then she will email you back. Thanks, and talk to you soon.

Jean McKendrick said...

You know you'll be in our prayers. I am so excited for you, there is nothing more awesome than being sealed to the ones you love forever. There's nothing else that compares to that day. I think having your sweet baby there will make it even more special.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

We love you guys and we are praying for you...
love u
Price's

Janan said...

You GOT IT lady!! And, if circumstances allow, I would love to be there too!! Love ya girl!!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Ginger,
Congrats on your upcoming day! My husband and I were sealed a year after our orininal wedding day. It's a great experience...I'll be thinking of you!

I sent you an invite to my blog!
Sorry it got a little complicated, sounds like from your comment on Jessie's blog, you've have issues as well!

Carmen Lynch

Janette said...

I am so happy for you! You will be in our prayers for sure. Let us know as you find out more, you know we'll be there to support you and your sweet family! Love ya!