Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hiking & Hormonal-Pregnancy Update


I am 37 weeks along, completely dropped, having a ton of contractions but only dilated to a 1..

Bill and I have been trying everything to induce this baby. I am starting to realize she will come when she is ready to come.

We went on a little drive/hike this week up in the Colorado National Monument. It was gorgeous and the weather was just perfect.

Hiking=No Paisley

My sister in law suggested getting on all fours and rolling my hips in circles.

Tried that. Failed. My dog sure looked at me weird.

We have been going on walks (more like wobbles)

The Oompa Loompa workout is a negative.

We've of course tried the other thing.....

All I can say is that won't be happening again........


Even tried the blossoming rose vision. This sweet girl from my ward suggested that this worked for her. She said to get comfortable, preferably before bedtime and get into a very relaxed frame of mind. She said to start picturing in your mind a rose, slowly, blossoming.

The blooming rose didn't help.

My husband thought maybe if he walked around like he was pregnant (As shown above) that somehow it would help.

It only made me pee my pants.

So here I am, sitting on my fat bum, wanting her to come, but scared to death of her arrival. How can I be so torn? Why do I want to cry with no real apparent reason? Am I really ready for this?

Oh gosh, what am I doing????

9 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Do you want this baby to come tonight??? Hold on because here is the best advice you will ever get to get this baby here. I had 2 weeks left with ISabella and I was sooo done. My friend Jackie told me that she picked the dates of her kids (and the method that she used was given to her by the doctor that she worked for-who also happened to pick the due date of all his kids). Okay, you ready for this advice? Strap on a breast pump and let it do it's thing....yep, you heard my right. I didn't believe it until I tried it...4 hours later....serious labor:O) If you think about it, it makes sense. After you deliver, they immediately suggest you breastfeed-the sucking from breastfeeding cotracts your uterus and helps it shrink backdown to normal size.....so, whola....I guess if you go into labor tonight we will know which method worked :O) Good luck P.s. you don't have to use a breastpump (you can tell your husband this is his last chance to have a little fun...once that milk comes in....it's hands off!!!)

Jean McKendrick said...

She will come when she is ready, relax and enjoy your last few nights to sleep (if you are able to sleep).
I walked around Disney before I had Kaden, didn't help, he was still a week late. My guess is she will be here before her due date.

Julie said...

I'm sorry you're hormonal, but this post made me laugh. Maybe when Brandon is here this weekend, we all get together and get you laughing so hard you go into labor? Good idea?

Heather Whitehead said...

Okay so hopefully this little girl comes soon hiking and still nothing. I can't wait to see her and i'm sure your still so ready. Don't worry you will be a great little mom! BTW I love your pictures, you guys look so cute and especially the one of Bill that's HILARIOUS! What a goofball...... Did you guys go hiking close to where you live that picture is beautiful. Good Luck woman i will still be waiting to see pics of Paisley!! Love ya

Jen said...

Hang in there! Before you know it you will have her in your arms.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Sounds like it is getting closer. Sweet Paisley will come when she wants. Hopefully soon for YOUR sake. I am feeling good but today I am having one of those BLOATING days. I am 16 weeks. I still can not believe I am having another one. Good Luck with your delivery and I hope to see some pics soon of your sweet Paisley

Becky said...

You crack me up! Enjoy the last little bit while you can. I know it's hard. I remember being so anxious to see who my kids looked like. And also the feeling of getting them OUT of me. After having them I missed feeling them in my stomach. Enjoy the moments while they last. She will be here before you know it!

Chan said...

I can't wait for her to be here..but keep in mind once she is out you can't put her back in. And trust me there will be days you wish you could.

Staci said...

Obviously you didn't try the nipple stimulation method cause your still pregnant. But very funny!! You will be an amazing mother don't worry about it. Delivery isn't all that bad just GET THE EPIDURAL!!! DON'T WAIT!!! That thing is amazing! Good luck!