Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crib Sanding & Frisky Hands

So my wonderful sister in law gave us this beautiful crib. We were not too fond of the natural wood, but Bill INSISTED on saving some money and he would just sand and paint the crib.

Well, last month my mother in law came for a visit. Her and I sanded down the pieces and then we all went to Home Depot and picked out the paint.

I kept asking Bill if He really wanted to do the work and tried talking him out of it. Starting a new job and being required to travel I knew it would be difficult for him to find the time. Well, he continued on insisting refurnishing this crib himself.

Lo and behold... hahahahah, I knew he would regret those words. The pieces have been hanging in our garage for at least a month. He finally came home last week and has been dreading the task at hand. The ONLY reason he decided to finish the job was because it was "taking up his garage space".

So, Saturday night he gets to work. He decides he is a HORRIBLE painter and needs to re sand the pieces. He pulls up a chair for me and gets me all comfortable and cozy. It's a nice, cool October evening and he is singing me silly songs all throughout his work. He grumbles every now and then saying he was hoping that "I would have been able to do it myself". Like a good wife, I gently reminded him of his own words of "doing it himself and saving money". He then asked me to never allow him to say such stupid things again!

Next thing I know he stands up and quickly places his hands on my future baby feeding devices.....

At first I was mad, how could he dirty my nice black shirt? Grrrrrrrr..... and then the laughter came. With the laughter came contractions....

But still no Paisley....

I love my husband, I really can't ever stay mad at him. I try but He really knows how to soften my heart and put a smile on my face.

I am proud to say, in the two years we've been together, we have not had a single fight. Frisky Hands during something as simple as sanding down a crib brought nothing but laughter and a smile to both our faces!


10 comments:

Janan said...

Nice hand prints! By the way, that doesn't look like a bed you are sitting on . . . . tell DILL WEED, he better get it right! And next time to just send you to AZ and we will take care of the crib or whatever do it yourself stuff he comes up with . . . just send his credit card!!

Janan said...

One more thing . . . even I have never seen that face . . . that is saying a lot because I have definitely made you MAD!!

Jean McKendrick said...

Nice.
Did the crib ever get finished?

Julie said...

That's awesome. You know, I can totally appreciate this.

Heather Whitehead said...

That is hilarious, you guys crack me up! I'm glad Bill got back to working on the crib, or did he?? ha ha. It was so good to talk to you too girl, and that would be so much fun if you came over to Germany to see me, it's so beautiful and I know ALOT of fun shopping places! I say this everytime but good luck with everything! I hope Paisley arrives this week i'm sooooooo EXCITED for you. Love ya girl

Melissa Hernandez said...

i love refinishing old pieces, you will have to post pictures of the nursery when it's all put together!!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

got to love bill!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Love the hand prints! Typical guy!

Jean McKendrick said...

I went and saw Jamie's blog and made comments. Cute kids, she looks good too.
As for the roaches, I don't spray in the house because I worry about the poison's long term affects on the kids. We do have our lawn sprayed every 6 weeks (even that I worry about). I just catch them when I find them, they have a hard time hiding in my house, I am ocd about keeping it clean and vacuumed. I have NEVER, EVER found them in the food, I'd probably have to throw everything out if that were the case!

Jean McKendrick said...

Sorry, one more thing, google your closest Chipotle and try it, it's better than any burrito place we've eaten. I believe they started in CO and have spread all over. We've even eaten there in UT.