Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HIGH SCHOOL TAG

Since all of my high school photos are boxed up, I thought I'd put this cute one up of my little brother....

He just graduated from high school and he loved his experience.... I on the other hand would never want to go back.....

School: Sky View High School, Smithfield Utah.

1. Did you date someone from your high school?

Nope. I was way too shy. Thinking back though I realize my bangs probably scared off most off the boys. Joel Draxler gave me a lot of attention.... other than him I'm sure the others were too afraid of the girl who had something die on her head.

2. What kind of car did you drive?

My first car was a very ugly brown Mercury Cougar. I wrecked it because of Jamie. She tried taking my soda from me. As I reached
over to take it back, the steering wheel went with me... ran into a barbed wire fence and a dirt field.

After the Cougar was an AWESOME Grand Prix...

3. What was your most embarrassing
moment in high school?

Peeing my pants in front of Ryan Thompson. I thought he was sooooo cute and he was the new boy in town. Years later it wouldn't have mattered.... the boy has come out of the closet. He's totally Gay. But that night on the volleyball court, with me crouched to the ground and my fingers in my ears.... brought on nothing but laughter and wet pants.

4.
Were you a party animal?

Nope. Too shy for parties. My party animal days came AFTER serving a mission.

5.
Were you considered a flirt?

How can you be considered a flirt when you were mute and your bangs did the talking?

6.
Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?

Nope. I had NO desire to get involved in anything.

7.
Were you a nerd?

No, I wouldn't say a nerd. I would say I was middle-class. I had friends that were not so popular and I had friends that were popular.

8.
Were you on any varsity teams?

No. I played softball my sophmore year and I did make the basketball team my junior year. I really didn't want to play, I just wanted to see if I could make the team. I was so shocked I made it! I decided after a few weeks I really would rather work and earn money than be tied up with something I didn't love doing.

It was so worth the time though.... I created some great memories with my father. He taught me how to do left handed lay ups and I remember playing basketball with him many nights..... his time and training gave me the opportunity to play well with the Elders on my mission.

9.
Did you get suspended/expelled?

Haha... ya right. I joined in a walkout once and got in MAJOR trouble from the mama!

10.
Can you still sing the fight song?

Nope. Not for Sky View. I spent more time hanging out with the West Side Football/Basketball players than I did with my own school.

11.
Who were your favorite teachers?

Mrs. Workman. She was ALWAYS having a hangover.
Mr. Cottle. His math classes were so easy, it was very difficult to fail in his class and he was just so easy going.

12.
Where did you sit during lunch?

I usually left for lunch or hung out in the student lounge.

13.
School Mascot? My twin sister, Jamie McKnight

14.
Did you go to homecoming and with who? I did, but I went to another school's homecoming. I went with Matt Barber to Granger High School's homecoming in Salt Lake. Matt looked like a short version of Patrick Swayze. I had a huge crush on his friend, Neil Carter, and I went with Matt so I could be around Neil. Neil was a Greek God.... so beautiful! Wow!!!

15.
If you could go back and do it again, would you?

No way. I was so insecure and felt so ugly compared to all the other girls. My attitude toward school was negative, but this attitude gave me access to something much greater..... the only thing I would do again is not be so afraid of myself and what others thought of me.

16.
What do you remember most about graduation?

Grateful that it was over and that I was ready to move out the very next day. I didn't go to a graduation party, I was busy packing things to move into my new apartment. I just wanted to be independent and ready to start an adventurous life!

17.
Where did you go senior skip day?

What is senior skip day?

18.
Have you gained weight since then?

Only because I am currently pregnant. I stayed the same weight up until I served my mission. I came home from the mission weighing less and lost even more weight in the past 3 years. Before this pregnancy I was at a very low weight...

19.
Who was your prom date?

I had several. I can't remember their names, they were all from other schools. I never went to one dance with a guy from Sky View. Except for the time a group of us took a bunch of the special education boys/girls to a dance.... I took Reggie Ravsten, a Down Syndrome Boy from Clarkston.

20.
Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?

LOL... That has come and gone and I don't plan on going to any reunions. I have remained in contact with those that I really care to keep in touch with.

21.
Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?

Don't be so shy. Enjoy every moment and quit looking forward to the future so much, you miss out on the present. More important, don't compare yourself so much to all the other girls. No one is perfect.


Get ready to go back to old school tag: Janan De Silva, Chantel Bender, Heather Whitehead, Jamie Douglass, Jean McKendrick, Jesse Crofts, Melissa Hernandez, Julie Decoria




4 comments:

Cammie Kate said...

I never would have thought of you as shy. I feel the same way about high school. Too much time comparing myself to others and putting myself down. I am glad those days are over. I love reading your blog!

Chan said...

I'm gonna say dido on all of your stuff except never had a crush on a guy boy..LOL Just a drunk!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Well, I do remember you in High School and what you describe does not fit my memories! You and your sister were always so sweet and cute!
I didn't know you took Reggie to a dance! I took Special Ed and loved working with him! I think about him all the time!

Jen said...

Ginger,
I remember our great days at Discovery Research Group.... And our twinner parties. Too fun!
p.s. Mr. Cottle just won the teacher or the year award for the Cache School District.