Monday, October 13, 2008

My New Miracle Blog

With nothing but time on my hands, my mind is put to work. I'm in a space that for most of the day only includes me and my mind. I'm just grateful I like myself enough now, to be alone with myself. I haven't always been able to say that. For awhile I was my worst enemy.

I never want to go another day being ungrateful. In the past, too many of my days were spent on looking at what I didn't have. As the world gets more uncontrollable and unsettling I want to be able to stay focused on the positive and what I do have.

So in the corner of my mind stirs an idea. At the end of each day I will pencil in at least one miracle I witnessed during the day.

It may be as silly as having a Dr. Pepper in my fridge to help cure a headache. It may be a simple act from an 80 yr old neighbor making sure I am winterizing my swamp cooler. It also may be a young mother of three dropping off a dinner so I don't have to cook.

There are daily miracles if we but choose to see them. His hands are open with blessings and I usually take for granted the little things. No longer will I be ungrateful. In a world that chooses not to believe, I will keep my eyes open and believe.

If you click on the link to the left- Ginger's Miracles- you will be able to read about at least one miracle I will look for each day.

I know many of you are extremely busy and may have a hard time keeping up with one blog. I thought it would be fun though if perhaps each of you started your own daily miracle blog, giving us more and more evidence of the good sent down from God. We live in a world where many no longer believe in miracles, merely coincidence. It would be very inspiring if I could read about the miracles that take place in your lives each day.

7 comments:

Janan said...

Ginger, you are one of my daily miracles! Thank you so much for never giving in on me and loving me no matter how stubborn or hard headed I might be!!

You are amazing! I love you! Thank you for touching my heart!!

Jean McKendrick said...

I agree, we do need to focus more on the daily miracles in our lives. Sometimes I tend to focus on the stress of my life rather than what brings me joy. Thanks for encouraging me to see the positive.

Colleen said...

Ginger I'm so glad you sent me your blog address! It will be fun to keep in better touch with you! I've missed talking to you and see you! I have many many great memories with you!! I think I was born an optimistic person and that has been such a blessing in my life. I also like to try and look for the positive and all the blessings I have been given instead of what I don't have because I know we can't take our days back so we have to make the best of them. Anyways...I love your new blog idea! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for not writing for so long. It was good to here from you and that you are doing well. You have an awesome perspective on life and I hope that I can be more grateful and observant of the good things in my life.

Janette said...

What a great idea. I've been thinking a lot, especially since conference about focusing more on the positive and being thankful every day for what I've been blessed with...this is such a great idea. I hope you're doing good. I'm not sure what you're email is, will you let me know so I don't have to leave such long messages on you blog? Love ya!

Heather Whitehead said...

Hey girl it was sooooo good to talk to ya last night i miss ya! I'm glad your doing good and i can't wait for little Paisley to arrive. I will for sure call you on Mon. to see how your doin and i will just wait to see some pictures of your little girl! Your such a great person love ya much.

Grandma Labrum said...

Ginger, I just want to let you know who is lurking on your blog today. I am known as Aunt Lori to Natalie(Gibbons) and found your blog through hers. I was interested when I saw your name because I knew you when you were born. We lived in Cornish on the "other side" of the railroad tracks. Our children would have grown up along with you and your family if we had remained in Cornish. As it is, my son married a girl from Newton, Chantel Griffin. I love your Grandmother McKnight to much. She and your Grandfather were so nice to us when we lived there. I consider all my Cornish friends, including your mom and dad, and Debbie and Brad, some of the greatest people on earth. So if you see that I am visiting your blog, please don't be too concerned. I enjoy your testimony and faith.