So I was bored out of my mind today and I started thinking to myself.... what would the mother of all ugly babies look like?Is it every mother's fear that she'll have an ugly baby? I'd like each of your opinions... what did you each think of your baby when he/she was born? Chantel I got yours and I LOVED your honesty.... give it to me ladies!!!
What would you do if this face looked up at you and asked to be fed???
9 comments:
Totally normal fear, noone wants an ugly baby and truth be told few baby come out beautiful, they all look like babies. But it is yours and you will love it irregardless, there is nothing they could do, wear, change to make you not love em.
This is one of the greatest things about motherhood, you think you understand unconditional love but until you have a baby you realize you didn't understand it at all. It also makes people better people I believe because it makes women more christlike able to see people for thier real attributes instead of superficial outside. Just because we now understand more how about how it doesn't matter because we have had 40 weeks to wonder if ours will come out cute and realize it doesn't matter anyways..
Sorry rambled, you are normal though.. :)
I know when I saw T for the first time I had mixed feelings, I hope that is normal. I just had so much run through my head that I thought to myself, is she cute? I actually thought this to myself for a few days, I think I had a hard time excepting that I was a mother (even though it was totally planned and a great feeling to be pregnant and a soon to be mom), I had to grow into my role of a mother and snap into reality and get over my "post partom". Now I look at her and think, why did I EVER second guess my feelings for her, I don't know what I ever did without her, she was my missing piece.
THE END!!!:)
First, if that baby looked up at me and wanted to be fed, I would RUN AND HIDE!! HOLY COW!! Where did you find that picture???
Honestly, I didn't ever think about that. I was so excited to just be pregnant, so excited to just be having a baby. I was just ecstatic. Kaiya was born and the took her over to the little warmer, and were wiping her. I just saw glances as the nurses were working at getting her clean and warm. I started bawling my eyes out. I was so happy and so in love, I hadn't really even gotten a good look. When she finally decided to stay warm enough, I got to hold and she was beautiful and I quickly needed to throw up! Yes, that was my response to her beauty, puke! Ha ha! That I did. Honestly, I wonder if I just had the perfect everything or what. But, I think that no matter what, you love them and they are beautiful to you! Plus, come one, you ain't having no ugly babies!!!! You would have to be not good looking to do that!!
It will be the closest you have ever come to knowing how the Savior and our Heavenly Father feels about us when that little one comes! Total unconditional love and desire to do the best for them. Oh SPICE, you will love her and love being a MOM!!
Hey Ginger, he loooks like you from the forehead down, but has Bill's receding hair line.
I don't think you could have got it more right!!!
It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it only matters what you and Bill think.
But if my child looked like that........I don't think I would want to create another one.
I finally added you to my blog. I'm sorry it took so long... I'm a little slow!
About ugly babies... it's totally normal to feel that way. I never had a problem once they were here, because they are the most BEAUTIFUL kids ever. Seriously though, who knows if my kids are cute or not. I think they are. You'll think your kids are the CUTEST no matter what too!
My biggest fear was one of them having a huge birthmark across there face or something like that. Kids are brutal enough. I didn't want their to be any more excuses for my kids to be bullied. That was my BIGGEST fear! I know I would have still thought they were beautiful, but the world is mean!
I hate to admit it, but I had that fear too when I was pregnant. It's a terrible thought to have, but I think many mom's question what their kids are going to look like and if other kids are going to make fun of them. But honestly, once they are born, you honestly will believe as a mom that your child is the most beautiful child in the entire world, and you will feel so lucky that Heavenly Father sent you the prettiest little girl he had in heaven. It's amazing! Dont fear. And, after all, she's bound to get the McKnight genetics and be born with a handfull of hair. When Isabella was born, the Dr. kept asking me if she could braid Isabella's hair and all of the nurses kept bringing her into me with different hairstyles, they would fight over her just so they could take her back to the nursery and style her hair. Seriously, you are going to love being a mom!
Okay Ginger that has to be the funniest and ugliest baby picture for sure. I couldn't stop laughing when i saw this and remembered when we all saw Rat Race and loved Mr. Bean ha ha anyways i know i would probably have that fear too, but don't worry she will be beautiful! Have you started baby shopping yet??
There is no way you could produce an ugly child. There's just not.
Oh my word, Ginger, where did you find that picture? My first impression was, "Wow! That looks like Jamie's husband, Steve" (just kidding). I had to throw that in because I love reading the comments back and forth between you, Jamie and Steve. You guys crack me up! In all seriousness, as a mom you always look at your kids as the best gift God could send you. Your little girl will be a doll - just like you. Love you! Aunt T
Post a Comment