Monday, July 7, 2008

THE CARAMEL BRUISE

Who would've thought that A caramel would've caused this much damage?? My poor grandmother...

We were sitting as a family, enjoying the Lewiston City Parade when a flying caramel hit her right between the eyes....

For all of you who had been there to witness this event, here is the result just 2 days later...

Fortunatley it did not hinder her taste buds for this delicious, yummy piece of candy! Though this was quite the painful experience for her, Grandma treked forward like a trooper and still lead the music in Sacrament on Sunday! I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!! Oh how I owe so much to you! Thank you for being the matriarch of our family, for teaching many of us to play the piano, for your caramel popcorn balls growing up (how ironic), for your peppermint taffy you use to let us make, for the fudge (both white and chocolate) that you would make up as well... Funny I remember all the food in your house :)..... I know we all have such fond memories of You and Grandpa.... I miss him so much! Thank you for being the wonderful woman that you are!!!

8 comments:

Q and T McKnight said...

Amen to all the beautiful things you wrote about Ella. She is an amazing lady and we all think the world of her.

I was surprised to see the picture of her black and blue face. Wow!

It was great to see you during the Fourth. Stay in touch!

Aunt T

Heather Whitehead said...

WOW! What a bruise, i can't believe that's from a carmel. You gotta love grandmas, aren't they the BEST! How was your 4th of July? I hope ya had a fun time and by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are officially old ha ha at least you got to be young for a couple months after me..... Hope you had a really FUN birthday i miss ya.

Niki said...

O my heck, what a memory she will have of the Lewiston parade 2008:( Sorry about the Blue Corn, I am glad to know that it says Blue Horned now even though it doesn't make sence either way.:) Well actually, I really could care less I guess because I won't be listening to it any time soon, but...YOU WILL:)!!!! Last night I went into the bathroom and shut the door and Tailor said "Don't shut the damn door!" and I didn't hear her but Kasey did and so now that is a joke as well as the "pull up your crack":) Look at all the saying you have to look forward too. Paulette told me you worked for Blue Jet or something like that, did you not like it?

Niki said...

Read my comment I left on Jamie's blog

Megan and Jon said...

HOW CUTE IS GRANNIE EVEN WITH A BLACK EYE, SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE WAS A GREAT SPORT ABOUT IT EVEN.

Janan said...

Spice, so I am a day late and a dollar short! How does it feel to be freaking 30? I am only asking because I will be joining you shortly (a month and three days)! I am not to worried, people always tell me the 29th year was the worst, I hope that is the case because my 29 year was the PITS!! Love ya! Hope BILL made it a GREAT DAY!! I can't wait to see your baby!! By the way, I may be up in October so, I need your contact info.

By the way, I don't remember your Grandpa drama on the mission, I do remember sister drama in the form of a wedding video.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Grandma is the cutes thing ever, even with the shiner!! I can't believe just 2 days later, that is what the war wound turned into. Insane!! She is just the cutes little thing!!

Staci said...

What a trooper!!! Ginger you left out a few items in grandma McKnight's house (even though she's not my grandma biologically) growing up in Cornish everyone's family. Remember when we'd sell lemonaide and your grandma would donate her donut holes? And when we'd stop off at the farm and go into the house, how we'd always take a vitimin C (everytime I eat a vit C I think of grandma McKnight.) I love her! I haven't seen her for quite awhile but please tell her I love her and that she's looking great even with a black eye