Its been snowing for the past several days, so the roads are full of more snow and ice and the trees are even more thick with frost. We decided to drive around and check out a bunch of houses that we are interested in buying. Most of our choices are log cabins which are set back off the road and surrounded by evergreen and pine. We just happen to be out when the sun is about to set and so we always get these spectacular views of the sky.
These are just a few more pics of what we were seeing while we were driving around today. These pictures are all in the neighborhoods of where we will most likely be buying. I'm glad my husband doesn't get embarrassed by me easily. I'm sure I looked like a Chinese tourist, with my camera in hand making him stop all the time to snatch a picture of the scenery.
The picture of the moose below is a bit blurry, but as you can see, it was ENORMOUS! It was the size of that Tahoe sitting in the driveway.
The very last picture is my favorite, it made me a little homesick. If you look closely, you can see a man on a horse, riding down the street. It was 17 degrees when I took the picture. I instantly thought of my Father and the many memories I have of Him on a horse, I miss riding horses with my Father.
One day, hopefully sooner than later, we will be creating memories of riding in Alaska.
It was a great day, everything seemed perfect until our little Helga got car sick. Daddy should not have kept doing donuts on the icy roads...... Out of nowhere, she started spewing all over herself and all over the car. If only I could've snapped a picture of the look on her face......
4 comments:
So glad you're loving being in Alaska! The pictures are so beautiful! I miss you in Utah! Come visit soon!!!! ...or maybe I should come visit you soon ;)
LOVING all the blog posts! I'm glad you're happier now with your family. They really do grow up so fast. Totally excited for your new job! It will do wonders for you to get out for a bit and make some money. Such a great feeling! Oh, and I love seeing McKoy is some of the cloths I gave you! So glad you are able to use them!
Ginger,
I am loving all the beautiful pictures of your new adventure. Sounds like you are going to be doing some neat things. Have lots of fun! Enjoy this adventure!
Thanks for sharing a piece of you!
Post a Comment