Thursday, January 6, 2011

Adjusting well....
































Considering the way they reacted to all of our stuff missing out of the Salt lake House, they are adjusting better than I thought.

You should have seen them. My friend Joanette took both of them for the day while we packed the trailer. For weeks Paisley had been living in a Climber's paradise. Boxes everywhere and only She would find the smallest crevice and hide in it and stay there until she was found.

Anyhow, I'm sure they sensed a change coming, they were quite needy and prone to tears more than usual.

By the time I picked them up from Joanette, all of our items were gone from the house. Paisley walked in and wandered from room to room with tears streaming down her face. I was distracted while she was doing this and after a few minutes went looking for her. I found her in our bedroom, sitting in front of the mirror, staring at herself and shedding tears like we had abandoned her. As I sat with her for a few minutes and tried to console her (she wanted nothing to do with me), I walked back out to the main room to find McKoy shedding just as many tears.

Oh it just broke my heart. Their little safe haven had been packed up and put away. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Now they are completely back to my rambunctious little girl and boy. Paisley still finds her things to climb on and McKoy is following in his sister's footsteps. Their favorite item to climb on? Daddy. We love having him around and after three years I think I finally know what its like to be in a family and not a single Mom.

The greatest adjustment of all? Bill is working well on his way to becoming the next Santa Claus. I would post pics of his growing belly, but we will save that for another time.

Ho Ho Ho.

(Top Left: Paisley's climbing paradise)
(Top Middle and Top Right: Climbing on Daddy here in Ak)
(Middle Left: McKoy happy as can be, in Ak)
(Middle Right: With our good friend, Sarah, on the day we left Salt Lake)
(Bottom: Day we left Salt Lake)

















3 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

I am glad you have your husband around, it makes SUCH a big difference! I look forward to hearing of your adventures in Alaska. You don't keep in contact with the Hill's do you? That's where they moved from isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sad! I'm glad you are all adjusting well. I had a dream the other night that I came to see you :) Foresight maybe!? :)

Melissa Hernandez said...

oh that picture of paisley crying into her mirror was soooo sad...I am glad they are all adjusted!!! PS, so glad you are blogging again! You need to talk jamie into again!