Monday, January 17, 2011


My Camera really does not do the beauty of Alaska any justice. But, I wanted to post a few pics anyway of what we get to see on a regular basis.
This first picture is looking out our bedroom window. The kids and I will sit in our room and gaze out. Every time I pull up the blinds, Paisley will tap her little finger on the window and say "Preeetty, Preeettty".

The second picture is out our back door, again the camera does not do it justice. I look out often, waiting for the Moose to come and nibble on the trees, but I have not seen one yet. When we moved in, I had accidentally locked myself outside without any shoes on. The kids were playing inside and Bill and a crew of Men were unloading our U haul into the garage. I kept yelling for Bill and was outside for five minutes before I decided to say a little prayer. It was about 5 degrees and I was getting a little worried. I went ahead and asked God to help me out and just as I had finished, two doors down a gentleman put his dog out to go to the bathroom. I hollered over to Him and asked him to please come over and notify my husband I was locked outside with no shoes on. It really scared me. Its been negative eight degrees the past few days!!! Can you imagine? I can see it now, winning a Darwin award for freezing to death outside my own back door, 3 weeks after I move to Alaska. Who goes outside in Alaska with no shoes? Duh.
The last two pictures are on the highway, pretty close to our new home. The kids and I are homebound through out the week and so We try to get out and explore on the weekends.
My favorite part of Alaska are the sunsets. I'm sure I have mentioned this already, but I never started noticing sunsets until I moved to Alaska in 2002. That summer really helped my faith in God increase. I remember one of the first thoughts I had when I laid my eyes on Alaska was "How could anyone see this and NOT believe in a God".

You've really got to come and see what I'm talking about.

Along with the sunsets, I just love the way the frost stays on every single branch and twig of each tree. It reminds me a lot of my Mom and Dad flocking our Christmas Trees when I was a kid.

I. Love. Alaska.




1 comment:

Kathy&Mike said...

Ginger, that's funny that you say the camera doesn't do the view justice because I'm always thinking the same thing about Hawaii. It is so amazingly beautiful and the camera just doesn't do it justice. I want everyone I know to come here and see for themselves how amazing it is. I also think that no one can see this place and not know that God created it. We are living parallel lives!