Monday, February 16, 2009

My Other Better Half -- My Twin Sister, Jamie


This is my beautiful twin sister Jamie and her daughter Brooke.

I have some cleaning up to do. I am afraid that lately I have offended some close people by not thinking before I do or say something. Jamie was one of these individuals and I want to apologize to her. Please forgive me and believe that what I have said has no truth to it. I love to tease you, always have and unfortunately I always will.

I will do better with the things I say and remember your feelings. I think it's about time I let you know some of the reasons why you mean the world to me.

1. You are my "Other" better half. I truly believe that I would be lost with out you. You are my saving grace and have helped me through some of the most difficult, lonely times of my life.

2. You put Steve and your kids before anyone or anything.

3. You are so in tune with the spirit. Your food storage skills are truly inspired. We may laugh and joke with the amount you have, but you are and will bless the lives of so many families and individuals because of following the spirit.

4. You are a natural beauty. I'm sure many people don't know that the only make up you apply is mascara. Who can really get away with that?

5. You are 100 % honest. Like you said in your random facts, you are so honest, you confess to the bishop for me when I'm not being good. Which leads too....

6. Watching out for me. You have always cared and wanted for me the same happiness that Steve and your kids have brought to you.

7. You are a fabulous Mother. Cooper, Brooke and Colter would not have the fun, humorous personalities if it were not for your fun personality. I think one of the best qualities a mother could have is that of being fun. You most certainly are.

8. You are a sister in every way. Someone you can trust with your secrets; who will stand by you no matter what; who always loves and accepts you.

I love you Jamie and I am so grateful for you. I really am the left over crap. You got all the goodness from Mom & Dad.

If there is anyone else I have offended or hurt and I am not aware of it, please let me know. I want to clean things up with anyone that I have done wrong.

As far as the "surgery" goes. That is true. Jamie has made many references to it and I am tired of trying to hide it from certain people in my life. It is something that I regret. It is something that I chose to do at a time in my life that I hated myself. I believed no one wanted to marry me because I was physically unattractive. I thought the augmentation would make me better to look at, make me feel better about myself.

Some may have certain views about people who get this done. The one person that I don't want ever to think less of me, is my Mother in law and I am afraid that when she finds this out, her view of me will change.

But I do know that I am still loved by God. It's easy to make mistakes when you don't like yourself and I know He understands the pressure a woman feels to look physically perfect. Does that justify my decision? No, not in any way. All I can do is thank him for giving me the ability to still nurse my baby.

Again, to any of you I have offended, I apologize. I've been humbled these past few days and I truly ask for your forgiveness.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan and Jon said...

Ginger, I love you.. You are so sweet I came because you apologized to me on my blog for bringing up Pooping. (wink wink) I honestly didn't even think a thing of it I laughed. I'm a Goodey for Petes sake. You never have to worry about offending me , EVER , if you do You will hear. HEHE..

Now to Jaime, I can't agree more I think she is fantastical. AMEN to all of it. I love the fun relationship you to have and look to read the blogs back and forth you both crack me up.

Now boobs, Girl I think you are just fine. Everyone and I mean everyone does things they regret. Most of the things people do we don't physically see but they are there. Mine included. So yours are somewhere different than the rest of ours. Does that make you bad in any way. NO, not at all. Infact in a round about (whoops pun) way I think they make you a better person. More understanding and compassionate towards other people and thier shortcomings, also more forgiving. I hope you haven't been stressing about this much. It certainly doesn't affect my opinion in any way except to make me like you more. You are such an awesome person. I love you and anyone who truly knows you will look at you exactly the same..

We should have a talk one day. Because I have pondered the same decision. Perhaps you can give me a different outlook on it.

Anonymous said...

Ginger, now I feel awful. I didn't deserve any of that. It was such a silly comment for me to get upset over. Like I said you had caught me on an emotional day (feeling fat day) and I took it harder than usual.
We have always and will always enjoy poking fun at each other. Our relationship wouldn't be the same if it weren't for us being able to do so. Look at all our memories that we can now laugh and joke about in regards to us tormenting each other. Even our friends and neighbors remember them.
In regards to your surgery. Who cares? I only make fun of them because it's something I want that I'll never be able to have or afford. Maybe if a plastic surgeon could trade me the surgery for food storage it would work, but I doubt that would ever happen.
If your sweet mother in law changes her opinion of you than she doesn't know you at all and it's her great loss. Be grateful you have them now and can feel like a woman. I on the other hand feel like a 12 year old girl in a training bra. (The one you gave me for my birthday last year fits just fine, thanks!)
You are the best sister I could ever have. I honestly believe we were best friends in the pre-existence and based on your righteousness and swindling behavior we were able to come to earth as sisters.
My life would have been so boring without you. You were not the left over crap. From my studies it doesn't work that way. (It doesn't take a genius to figure this out).
You have never been unattractive, Satan just got the best of you and made you feel ugly and worthless like he has the rest of us.

I love you so much and I love seeing you as a wife and mother. I told you year after year the wait would be well worth it and I can see that now you realize it has. Bill is a fantastic father and husband. He has loved you deeper and greater than any of those idiots you have dated.
Heavenly Father really does know whats best for us, we just have to be patient and wait for his time to give us those blessings and you have been the greatest example of this teaching.
YOU ARE AMAZING!

Chan said...

Ginger:
I don't know what has you feeling so down but truthfully you are the most amazing person. First if someone is upset by the way you and Jamie tease each other, they have never had a sister. Second if your boobs (yes the ones I am jelous of, the ones I have seen and envy like mad) will never change your mother in law's opinion of you. Take this from someone who married someone who was married before. My mother in law took me aside one day and told me how much it meant for her to have someone who loved her son. I guarantee you that Bill's mom feels the same way...boobs or no boobs. They don't change who you are...I know where you were at in your life when you got them and it was a dark place. I am just grateful that you made it through that part of your life and if boobs are the one thing you have to show for it then so be it..the outcome could have been much worse. No matter what anyone thinks, I adore you. I adore our friendship. It seems the world to me..you have been there for me in hard times and I will always be here for you... Love you!!

Jean McKendrick said...

As an "outsider" with no "emotional" ties, I always saw you two as kind, sweet, and very cute. Don't doubt your self worth, no matter what you have or haven't done. Nobody should ever think less of you for telling the truth. It is what it is... You're a good human.
I know you're just teasing each other, as a reader of both blogs that's clearly apparent to me. My sister even commented how funny you guys are.

Janan said...

Okay Lady! First, I highly doubt your mother in law will change her opinion of you! Those beautiful breasticle do not define you what so ever as a person!! So, I really think she will not think a single thing less! Incase your spouse has been unable to get this through your mind, you are BEAUTIFUL on the INSIDE . . . that is what makes you so beautiful!! Yes, there is physical beauty that is yours, however it is the person you are in your heart that makes you the HOTTEST, MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN on EARTH!! Really, we must listen to the spouse . . . . and I think that you MIL has seen that through the many years she has been associated with you because of your fabulous heart and great service to others!! She may join the ranks of wishing she could upgrade too . . .

Second, on the breasticle issue . . . the rest of us are jealous . . . dang . . . I'd love to be FULL but, instead I am in the training bra stage just like your sister!!

Third, what is the big problem with you acheiving a little bit of a PERFECTED BODY in this life, the rest of us are just hoping that what you acheived now, is in store for us too when we get a more PERFECTED BODY!! Yes, that is right, I am hoping when I am changed and have a perfect body that my breasticle might be more of a reflection of what you have!! You acheived a little perfection in this life . . . no big deal! Enjoy it!!

You are super fabulous! Please pull all other comments left by all your friends on your blog! Remember often there is a reason why you have so many, because you have a FABULOUS ability to make each one of us feel super special and loved!! You are amazing breasticles and all! And truly, all they do is enhance a little what was already there physically, but the inner you is all NATURAL, all you, and we all love ya for it!!

And can I say, "DANG! Jamie . . . so not fair only MASCARA???" Now, I am jealous of both twins . . . shoots!

Janan said...

You are gorgeous, fabulous, amazing, spiritual, loving, and super loved! Really, the teasing . . . it is what we like most about you!! And really . . . I think why I get along so well with you . . . we both have the same theory, "TEASE THE ONES YOU LOVE MOST!!!"

I wish you could see what the rest of us see . . . go look in the mirror and call me when you see the REALITY of your BEAUTY!!

I love you!!

Jen said...

Ginger,
You and Jamie have always been beautiful and always will be not matter what. Love ya both!

Heather Whitehead said...

Ginga Ginga your such an amazing person and always will be, you know how i feel about you. Okay and the boobs don't let that get ya down i know if i didn't have any i would be out there getting them done!
Your beautiful inside and out and Bill see both so you should listen to him when he says your the hottest thing ever. I'm sure your Mother in law would never think any less of you they are just an added bonus to your beauty!!!
I hope you have a better day i'm grateful for our frienship and so glad we still keep in touch, i will be calling you again soon!
BTW i love all the teasing that goes back and forth with you and Jamie it keeps us bloggers all laughing. Lucky her she only wears mascara!
Love ya girl:)

Staci said...

Wow!! First of all you are being WAY to hard on yourself!!! Your Mother-in-law is not going to change her opinion of you. Lets be honest, it will probably answer some questions why one twin got fabulously full breasts and the other...well no offense Jamie I think you too are fabulous. I mean honestly you two are identical in EVERY WAY!!! you split from the SAME egg/sperm combo. As you know my husband is a identical twin and well the family joke is that they share a brain!!!! They are so similar in almost everything it's spooky. So back to my point. I'm sure the Mother-in-law has been wondering and now it's confirmed. No worries stop being so hard on yourself. I too am envious, I don't need enhancement however I definitely need a lift! consider yourself lucky when your done nursing yours won't hang below your knees!!! Literally!!! It's rather disquisting really. Just picture a long tube sock with a softball in the toe of the sock. Yep that's what happens.
As far as you and Jamie teasing each other, well it's always been that way and if you two were to stop we'd all be very sad! You are both beautiful in every way inside and out. I don't know too many people that would devote their lives to people with disabilities. You are truly a very loving person who has given chances to people that they may not have had had you not been in their lives. Let me just say Prom...Hawaii...not too many people are so loving and secure with themselves that they would invite a disabled person to enjoy those things especially at the age you were. Your Heavenly Father LOVES you no matter what! Don't be so hard on yourself.
I love you! I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time right now but just remember YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERSON inside and out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Staci

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

No worries on your Mother-In-Law. She must be a great Woman if you value her opnion of you. But if she loves you, this wont matter to her! And by the way, your wrack looks great! ;)

Kimberly Wright said...

Well, you have offended me more times than I can count.....and I love it. Ok, so I am totally kidding. You are so great and I love you! I can't believe Jamie only wears Mascara.....what a crock!
As far as the surgery goes...you live and you learn. You are amazing and let's be honest who cares what anyone thinks as long as you are good with God.