Oh My Goodness. Was it ever hard to say goodbye to Michael? I'll say it was.
Yesterday Michael entered the MTC. He will be serving in the Toronto, Canada Mission. His farewell was the weekend we were sealed, so it truly was an amazing couple of days in our family.
I love my little Brother so much. There is an eleven year difference between Him and Jamie and I. Michael and I have always been pretty close. I use to joke with Him that He would get married and have kids before I did. Funny how Him and I will have kids closer in age than with my other siblings.
I have some great memories of Michael. When he was young he use to LOVE walking around naked in his cowboy boots and cowboy hat. He loved acting. You could always find him memorizing parts of movies, like Hook and Dennis the Menace. He was quite the little actor. He always had us laughing, especially when we found him in our closet, trying on shoes.
Michael never really forgave us for forcing him to watch "Chucky" when He was 7 years old. As much as we would torment him, He really did turn out okay.
I will miss him so much. I can't help but wonder what will take place within the McKnight family while He is gone. Perhaps more Births, some sickness, even death? I know the Lord blesses families while the Missionary is away, but I hope Michael finds nothing but joy and happiness in the next two years, as well as our family .
I love you Michael. You're going to do great!
Here's a couple of pictures of my gorgeous girl:
1.Wide Eyed & Bushy Tailed right before Bed
2.With Cousin Brooke. Brooke just LOVES to hold her, all day if I would let her!
3.My Little Gangsta Girl
4. LOVE the face on this one. I had to buy this outfit just for the hat...
7 comments:
It's so fun to have a brother on a mission. I love those pictures of Paisley!
Good luck to your brother on his mission! Your little Paisley is so cute. I love, love, love buying cute baby clothes. It's so fun to change them into all the outfits.
You have a dog so that says enough! Ha Ha I have jsut met people that are like I don't like dogs and then I ask if they like any animals and they say no...i just think its weird. I love love dolphins and the ocean..haha I dont know I was just trying to think of random things. Can't wait to see yours.
Ker
Love the gangsta outfit, don't the girly baby clothes that they have now days totally crack you up, I always felt like I had a doll because I was always dressing Isa up as a newborn, I guess we are entitled to that as new mom's right? And, as stay at home moms, what funner way to pass the time ;O) Micheael will do awesome. I ran into Debbie at Chilli's and she said that his farewell was awesome. I was thinking about Michael today, wondering how he survived the first 24 hours of the MTC! p.s. your temple pictures turned out adorable, thanks for letting me be a part of your day, it was beautiful!
I can't beleive how fast she is growing. They don't stay little for long do they? What a beautiful baby you have Ginger. I bet you just smooch her up all of the time. How can you not with that adorable face. :)
paisley is completely gorgeous!! I love her little gangster hat!!
Hey girl I know how you feel. My Brother has been gone 13 months. It's so hard, but worth it. They come home better people. we all know that. Love ya,
tammy
Post a Comment