Breast Feeding 911-- HELP!My Paisley has found her voice. Every second she's awake she is using her voice. She even has this little fake cough she likes to use in order to get my attention. ( As if She doesn't have it already).
Anyhow, when it comes to feeding time, she doesn't take it too seriously. She'll chug for a second and then she'll either sing at my breast, blow bubbles or rub her tongue across it as fast as she can.
For now, all I can do is laugh and be patient. But for the future, will this create a problem? Does this mean anything in particular? Like she's losing interest?
I really want to breast feed her for a year. Any of you have any advice?
I love the bond that we have created and I don't want to lose it. I really want her to explore and let her personality just be.
Help. I'm a first time Mamma and I'm not quite sure what to do with the whole playtime she has found at feeding time.
8 comments:
Sorry no help here on this one..I sent that breast feeding counselor on her way...not only that but I doubt I could produce more than an appetizer.
I think it's probably just a phase right now. As she's learning to use her voice and becoming more aware of what's going on around her for now that's waay more interesting. I totally had this same problem with Olivia. Nursing in the same quiet place every time, and sometimes even covering her with a blanket like I would in public even when we were home helped cut down on distractions.
llli.org (LeLecheLeague) has a forum for breastfeeding moms and it literally had all my questions answered without me ever asking one.
Good luck! After 11 months we are starting the weaning process and I remember thinking I'd never get to this point lol.
Sorry, no help from me. I wasn't successful at breast feeding with Kai and didn't even attempt with Kaden.
I would say it is a phase and will pass. She is happy and there is no sense putting a damper on that. Just practice your patient, plus you need it more later so the practice never hurts. hehe.. If she is hungry she will eat I'm sure. How often do you breast feed her, I wonder if you space it out an hour longer if she will be more apt to eat good if she is really hungry.
Sorry not much help, I hated breastfeeding, it was one of the most stressful things as a new mom to deal with. I worked with the breastfeeding people up at the hospital and everything, after a month and a half I threw in the towel and went to formula and bottles, and it was heaven!!! Good Luck, some people were born to breastfeed, I so was not one of them!
Well i'm no help with that subject, but i love that picture of Paisley in the leopard outfit but then again she always looks cute. I seriously can't wait to meet her in June and cuddle her she's so sweet!
Can I just say that I envy any mother who Breast Feeds! I wish I could have been a Dairy Queen! But Formula was fine. Good luck figuring it out. Miss Paisley is just adorable.
This is one thing we are not identical in. I'm thinking your augmentation surgery must have helped out in some weird way. Sorry I can't be of help. We both know you can't sing, so maybe if you sang back it would scare her and she would want to console herself by nursing. Just a suggestion.
Post a Comment