Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jagger

It's been awhile since I've gone through a big trial. Looking back I can say most trials have brought me closer to God. Sadly, the hardest one I had to go through took me farther from Him, not closer. But, that was my choice. Not His.

Our family is now facing a trial, one I never thought we would have to face. Being so far from family and friends, the only source of strength we can rely on, is God's. Is it coincidence that on Sunday the lesson in church that impacted me the most was the one about "Trusting in the Lord". The only sentence that has been replaying over and over in my mind is "God doesn't make ANY mistakes".

So the day after this lesson, I am told by my OBGYN that my little baby boy could come at any time. I am 20 weeks pregnant. My cervix is shrinking and I've started having contractions. Remedy? Strict Bed Rest, weekly ultrasounds and weekly shots and medication. Definition of Strict Bed Rest he says is: Only out of bed for bathroom breaks and showers.

How in the world do I do this? I'm in Alaska, not just a drive away from family and friends if you haven't noticed. Oh and did I mention I have two kids? Both in diapers, both craving attention and one needing to be picked up quite often.

How. Do. We. Do. This.

The thought of Jagger coming early and not surviving scares me to death. Look at Him with his little hand up by his mouth. He still needs time, he just has to survive. I'm doing everything I can to have faith and believe that "there are no accidents" with God, that whatever happens is meant to be.

But I already love this little guy so much and appreciate so much more the ability I've had to bring Paisley and McKoy in to this world. I just pray He makes it, I want to give life to my little Jagger so badly. Please say just a little prayer for Him. Please.

9 comments:

Johnsons said...

my comment was just erased. it said that i am sorry and will pray for your family. and to accept help from your ward. and also did you here about valerie?

Stacy Henrie said...

Oh, Ginger. I'm sorry! You and your family and Jagger are in my thoughts and prayers. Have you talked to your RS president? Be okay with accepting help.

Heather Whitehead said...

Oh Ginger your making me cry right now, i will be praying for you and little Jagger! Make sure you get some help up there in Alaska anyone would be glad to help you at this time:) Love ya and hope everything is ok miss you Ginga and i sure do wish i was close to help you out:(

Angela said...

Oh no Ginger! I am so, so sorry to hear that! This really hit me hard since we are so close in our pregnancies, both having boys, both have two older children, etc, etc. My heart goes out to you. I will definitely be keeping your sweet family in my prayers. I agree with the other comments on asking people in your ward to help. That's the great thing about the church, its the same everywhere and we are all here to help each other. Hang in there sweetie and please keep us posted. The picture of Jagger is so adorable and I love his name too.

Kathy&Mike said...

Ginger, I too love you and will pray for you. There's a lot of heart-wrenching stuff going on the last year or so in our family related to pregnancy and babies (as Angela knows) and we have been doing a lot of praying for babies born and unborn, mamas, and daddies. We will be sure to include you and your sweet family. He is beautiful.

Mrs. Bennett said...

I'll keep you in my prayers! Good luck, and keep us all posted on his/your progress. It is so hard to be far away for something like this.

Melissa Hernandez said...

oh my goodness. I can understand why you are so stressed and scared all at the same time. I will definately say a little prayer for your cute little family.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Oh Ginger how I wish I was there to help you. I love you so much and we will be praying for Jagger!

Anonymous said...

We will send lots and lots and lots of prayers. Dillan in expecially good at prayers for unborn babies. I wish so much we could be there for you. Please keep in touch.
Matt, les and fam