
I don't know how I lucked out. I just happen to have the two greatest dads in my life. Of course, that's a bias statement, but its true. One of the the reasons I have come to love Bill even more is because of how he father's our children. Bill lost his father when he was 12 yrs old. When we married I wondered how he would be as a father, because of this loss. But I don't have to wonder any more. Bill is an incredible father. He loves his children and it is very evident in the way that he chooses to spend his time. When Bill gets home from work he doesn't rush out to go do some hobby or activity, he play with his kids. On the weekends he doesn't rush out to go do some hobby or activity, he plays with his kids. Every chance he gets, he is playing with them and I love watching this. I have to often push him to go spend time with the guys because if he had the choice, he'd just stay home to be with his family. That primary song "When Daddy comes home" must have been inspired by my children because they do exactly what that song says. Helga and Thor are truly blessed.

I don't even know where to begin in regards to my Father. If anyone has reached perfection in this life, it is my father. I don't recall my father EVER yelling at me. He is the most humble and hard working man I know of. He never complains, he never puts you down, and he has never said an unkind word about anyone. He has said thank you to my mother after every dinner she has prepared. He is a man of few words, but when he does speak he speaks with gentle advice and love. My father spent time teaching me basketball and baseball growing up. He taught me how to work hard and I cherish those memories of working on the farm with Him. I know I have let my Dad down over the years with some choices I have made, but he has never made me feel bad or evil for making those choices. He lets his children live their lives and make their own choices and doesn't force his opinion on any of us. My father is a wonderful man and I feel very lucky to have been raised by him.
No comments:
Post a Comment