Wednesday, June 29, 2011

23 Week Update


Its been 3 weeks since I've been on bed rest. I am now 23 weeks along and feeling a bit more anxious about Jagger. I had an appointment on Monday and was told that my cervix is continuing to thin, or in other words efface. I have also tested positive for Strep B infection, something that they do not treat until you are delivering the baby. I know this is common for many women and typically its not too scary. They will give you IV Antibiotics during the delivery which reduces the risk of the baby catching the infection. However, with my prolapses, the doctors have said that because my muscles are so weak, this baby could just slip on out when he decides to come. So, given the high chance of preterm labor and the prolapses, if Jagger decides to enter this world quickly and without antibiotics, there is a good chance of him being born with disabilities or a low survival rate.

I've heard many uplifting stories and many heartbreaking stories. Having all this time in the world to think, it seems a little bit more easier to think of the worst. God doesn't make mistakes, right? That's what I keep telling myself. Sometimes I think I'm going crazy. I had a dream a few weeks ago that won't leave my mind. In this dream, Bill and I were sitting across from each other at a very long table. There were a bunch of people in the room, I want to say it was family, but I can't be certain it was. Anyhow, someone was discussing the possibility of our baby being born with disabilities and I turned to look at Bill. He was already staring at me and without either of us speaking, we both knew that what this person was saying was true.

That's all I remember. Perhaps this is weighing on my mind so much and my thoughts are rolling over in to my dreams. Perhaps its God's way of preparing Us to welcome such a special spirit in to our home. When I told Bill what the Doctor said, about him being born with disabilities, Bill reminded me that I had always wanted to raise a child with disabilities.

Now. Though I would be extremely humbled to be asked to do this, I would not necessarily volunteer for this as I once had. After creating a piece of you and your husband, the thought of seeing your child suffer and go through life differently is something very difficult to process. The idea of seeing other children make fun of your child because they look funny or walk funny or talk funny is not very comforting. I do not want to see my child suffer. I want my children to experience all the joys and beauty that the world can offer.

Now. As I look at this picture above, some random picture of a baby that was born at 23 weeks and survived, I know there is hope. I would much rather have a baby survive with disabilities than a baby not survive at all. This babies story is amazing and you can read it here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-444524/The-baby-survived-50-blood-transfusions-flesh-eating-bug.html

I am so grateful and humbled by the many acts of service that have come our way. If it were not for their help, their love, their support and prayers, our little Jagger may not have made it this far. My wonderful husband has become a cleaner, cook and mother over night. Many of my friends have commented on how optimistic and patient he has been and they couldn't speak any more truth.

Thank you to those of you who read my blog silently and perhaps even offer up prayers on our behalf. I feel them, as cheesy as that may sound, I do. Many times I break down crying because I am overwhelmed with how many people care. I am often asked if I am bored and in reality I haven't had much time to get bored. Between visits, phone calls, txts and emails I have an amazing social life!!!

I really could die happy because of the love I feel from so many. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your love.



11 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

It has been awhile since I have checked blogs. I love the sweet ultrasound picture of your little Jagger. I will pray you are able to stay pregnant for as long as he needs to grow to be healthy. I will pray for your little ones, that they receive the attention they need. I can't imagine such a stressful trial Ginger. I hope you are getting the support you need. You are strong, you can do hard things. You have family and friends who love and pray for you.

Megan and Jon said...

Do you feel like I"m stocking you because I read like ten minutes after you post?
I'm thinking of you and wishing for the best, You seem to have a wonderful grip on things. Isn't it funny how our views change as we become parents and we want only the very best for out little ones that we care for. Truly any little one give to you to raise is so blessed.

Suzette Willmore said...

thinking of you and hoping for the best!

Tara Kishpaugh said...

Ginger, I had no idea what was going on! I am so sorry to hear your story, but I too believe that everything happens for a reason.
what will be will be and whatever happens you and Bill will be able to handle it because you love each other :) Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

Jayci said...

I hopped on over here from Facebook.. I didn't know quite the extent of everything. You've been tried for this pregnancy! I sure hope he can make it a little longer, if not the whole way to 40 weeks. Wish I were to do more than leave a wussy little comment. Lots of love comin' your way.. from me.

 Amelia Darling said...

Ginger Girl! Life is indeed fragile and uncertain and the worst might happen but there's just as good a chance that it won't. Check out my brother's blog for a history and pictures of two of the sweetest boys that I've ever met (an aunt can be biased) that were born at 25 weeks. Start here are work your way back.

http://texaspeltiers.blogspot.com/2009_04_01_archive.html

This will lift your spirits and show you that it can all work out well even though there were some who were certain it wouldn't.

God has His hand in your life and Jagger's especially.

Jaimin said...

I hope you don't mind that I looked you up through Kerri's blog. I've been thinking a lot about you lately and had been wondering how you were doing. I am continuing to pray for you and sweet little Jagger! Lots of love and prayers!

Jen said...

I am thinking of you and your family! I love ya, and pray for you and your little one. You can do this!!! Whatever is asked of you, you can do this!!!!

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

Ginger, how beautiful! I'm so glad you feel loved and supported, and that Bill is positively filling in. Good "luck" and hang in there. Thinking of you and sending love!

Melissa Hernandez said...

God definately watches over you, and knows exactly the needs of you and your family. He loves you, and has the most "PERFECT" plan for you and your family. It's always comforting to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us individually. I'm positive he is watching over you and little Jagger every minute of every day! Hang in there!

Chan said...

I have said it to you and I will say it again..there is a reason that Jagger is coming to you and Bill. There will be no greater parents for this little boy if he comes into this life needing special help. He will be beyond blessed just like Helga and Thor