Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tiny, Little Miracle

So I can't stop thinking about the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan last week. My heart goes out to all the people that are affected by this huge disaster. I can't imagine what fear and hurt and exhaustion they must be feeling. Here I have been complaining of all my insignificant little selfish woes. My problems are NOTHING compared to what many in Japan are experiencing. It makes me want to hold my family even closer.

I'm still amazed at the little miracle that took place the day before the earthquake. Paisley got sick, fast. In a matter of hours she went from her happy, energetic self to an extremely lethargic, little girl. Her temp went from 100.2 to 103.9 in no time. She started throwing up and diarrhea had kicked in. This all came on in between 4:00 and 7:00pm. Bill finally gave her limp little body a blessing and within the hour her fever broke and she was back to herself.

The miracle I keep thinking about is how God remembered my little girl at a time when he would soon be welcoming thousands of spirits back in to his presence. He would soon be busy comforting thousands of individuals who would lose family and friends in a terrible tsunami and earthquake. He would also be busy comforting those who survived, but lived in fear of what lay ahead for their country, their home.

During this huge crisis, God looked down on a 2 yr old girl in Alaska and blessed her to get well. I am starting to believe that nothing is insignificant to God. It has taken some time to rebuild my testimony and make it stronger over the years and this little miracle has been a huge stepping stone.

I'll never forget this significant answer to a simple blessing.

6 comments:

Kimberly Wright said...

Thanks for your thoughts Ginger, I too am saddened by the events in Japan. As a mother I can't even imagine the fear so many of these families are feeling. The thought that keeps coming to mind is, Be Still and Know that I am God.

I hope you are doing well, sure miss you!
Hugs - Kim

Trish said...

Thank you so much for sharing Ging. You touch my heart with your insight! You helped me to remember those special things I forget on a daily basis. I love you companion :)

Colleen said...

Hey you! I love your thought! I also know that what is important to us is important to him even if it is something that we thing is "silly" (of course your little Paisley isn't "silly". You know what I mean). I love ya tons!!

Angela said...

Sheesh this made me cry! What a beautiful way to look at the world. I'm glad your sweet girl is feeling better. I too have been broken-hearted for the people of Japan. It scares the heck out of me since we are living right on a fault line now.

Tiffany M said...

I got chills when I read this! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Her name is HELGA...