Well, the only thing that has been on my mind this past week is BLAH. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. It's cold, I cannot get warm, I cannot seem to catch up on sleep, I'm bloated and I feel like I want to puke. All day, every day and in to the night.
I think its finally hit me. Being so far away from Family and Friends and feeling like I'm NEVER going to see any of you again. EVER. I want to see you in real life, not just on facebook or blogs. You're not just at a distance, but a very far distance. If some tragic, economic thing were to face our country, I feel trapped and scared that I couldn't get back to You.
It doesn't help that I'm pregnant. Yup, I said it. P.R.E.G.N.A.N.T. Again. I know this should be a joyous time and don't get me wrong, underneath all the crazy emotions and crazy body changes, I know there is joy somewhere buried deep down. But Wow. What did we get ourselves into? What were we thinking? Three in Three years? We are freakin nuts. I am going to lose my already crazy, crazy mind.
I think the thing that makes me the most sad is that my family is continuing on and my parents, my sisters, my brothers, my friends and many other family members only get to see them grow up in a virtual world. I know, I know. I should consider it a blessing that they get to see them someway, somehow at all. But to be honest. I'm homesick. I'm pregnant sick. I'm under the weather sick and I want my Mommy.
I WANT MY MOMMY.
Phew. There I said it.
Now, I'm sure next week I'll be feeling something different.
Oh pregnancy and the roller coaster you tend to put some of Us on. Is it necessary? Come on. Really. Cut us a little bit of slack, not just for my sanity, but for my husbands sanity.
I may not sound grateful for you pregnancy, but I am. I really am. I just want to feel this way for a little bit and not make myself wrong for it. Is that so bad?
8 comments:
CONGRATS!! That's awesome. We've been thinking about trying for number 3 and for some reason that number just freaks me out. I told Aaron if I could go straight to 4 I think I'd prefer. I must have heard horror stories about 3 kids or something. It seems like a whole new ball game.
I totally understand the feeling of your family having to watch your kids grow up "virtually". We are lucky to be "close" to my family right now, but I know it won't be forever and it's hard. It's okay to feel bad about that.
I'm glad you're blogging about it. Blogging always helps. :) Can't wait to hear more about the pregnancy! When are you due?
You're pregnant and I had to find out on your blog?! What the!? ;) Kidding. But seriously, when are you due? WE need to to talk ASAP.
So happy for you! Another little munchkin! And sad cuz I miss you! Call me soon! :)
Congratulations..when are you due???
So cool that you're pregnant! I love your blog and I can TOTALLY relate to your homesickness. I am here in absolute paradise and I also miss my mommy! And my daughters... and my grandbabies... and my sons-in-law... and my daddy... and my sisters... and my sisters' families... and my friends... etc. etc. etc. AND I miss my piano, my organ, my crafting stuff and my sewing maching and my kitchen-aide, etc. etc. etc.
Aaaah I seriously love you Ginger!! I love how honest you are. I am preggers too and wondering the same thing from time to time!! I'm sorry you're feeling homesick, that is rough. Try to count your blessings and remember how special you are! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Ginger! My mom had 4 girls in 5 years. I don't know how she stayed sane but she did and I have good childhood memories growing up with my sisters (memories of the fights too). I know what you mean about being so far away from family. It's hard! I am thankful for the computer, it does make it seem like we can all stay in better touch.
That's great you're having another. Your husband must have a thing for pregnant women. ;) I was just thinking today about when a good time would be to have another. My husband says never. Lainey just turned 3 months, so there is no rush.I love you & miss you!
Post a Comment