An eternal ascent to the top we will stand.
Side by side we will breathe in the view, thanking God he has led me to you.
And though we will give it our all, through the hike we will stumble and fall.
But, with you by my side I'll achieve, all of my dreams for you simply believe.
The mistakes we will leave behind, looking forward with a meaningless mind.
A future of possibilities and love, you and I will climb to the view up above.
These mountains are a symbol of you, they have led to the words of "I do".
This day I have married my friend, we will TOGETHER, FOREVER, ASCEND.
These words are part of a song that I wrote for Bill. I played and sang this song "Journey" for him on our wedding day.
We love the Mountains, especially Bill. Our first date was in Mill Creek Canyon. We tried to spend as much time as possible enjoying the outdoors as we dated. Two years ago this time Bill took me to Ouray, Colorado to go Ice Climbing. He says this is where he fell in love with me.
I wanted to do everything I could to impress him, even if that meant I had to do something that caused me great fear. I have a terrible phobia of heights. Ice Climbing took me to heights that I never thought I would dare go.
By day I would climb, by night I would cry.
There was this one particular climb we did that I could've sworn I was going to die. It was so steep, so vertical and SO HIGH! It was a climb where he belayed me from the top and I had to repel down and then climb up. He dropped me down. I was so far down we couldn't hear each other yelling. I climbed half way up and got the "Elvis Leg". My legs started to tremble and shake uncontrollably. I broke down in tears and pleaded with the Lord to let me make it through this.
I almost couldn't go on and thought for sure a Search and Rescue helicopter would have to save me. Next thing I knew I was back on top.
No. No one saved me. I just climbed. I didn't look up and I didn't look down. I just climbed.
I cried like a baby that night. Little did I know how much this climb impressed Bill. He says this is the climb that made him fall in love with me.
Since then I have climbed again. I will continue to climb, for him. It is exhilarating to challenge yourself and succeed, especially if it's something you have feared.
I love the Mountains. So many wonderful memories and yet many more to be created in Heavenly Father's beautiful world.
4 comments:
There is nothing that makes me smile than seeing how happy you are. You deserve every single second of it..Many many happy more years to come.
I just love this, I love your insight. You are such an inspiriation.
So Bill admits it. He fell in love with your mountains when you climbed his? Ha Ha, I can't stop laughing.
Seriously, I love you thanks for the wonderful comment. I really believe that Bill fell in love with you the moment he saw you. You guys were meant for each other and I told you he'd be worth the wait. I love reading your blog, even though it puts mine to shame.
Just thought you might want to laugh with us, Colter is always walking around yelling, "Dax, go to bed." He also has switched it around and now he yells, "B, go to bed." or "C, go to bed." Can't wait for you to hear him say it, it's as funny as when he says, Helga Bell."
Can't wait to see you guys next week.
I love this picture it's gorgeous! Ya i still can't believe you went ice climbing you crazy girl and i think you definatley impressed Bill. I'm glad you survived and do you plan on ice climbing again??
I hope you have a good Christmas if i don't talk to ya:)
Post a Comment