Tuesday, December 16, 2008

HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY BABE


DECEMBER 8, 2008

What a year to remember.

As I look back on the past year I am overwhelmed with how great I have been blessed.

Simply stated: I HAVE THE BEST MARRIAGE.

Many of you know the challenge and trial I went through just months before meeting Bill.

Living a nightmare and now living a dream only leaves me speechless. Bill's mission statement for our marriage is to "Make ALL my dreams come true"... Well, he's doing a pretty good job of it. He is such a good husband and now an amazing father. Here are some significant things we've created together in the past year.

#1. Greater Testimonies of the Gospel- I almost gave up on mine.
#2. Paisley- What a joy and love that I didn't know existed.
#3. We have never had an argument in the 2 years we've been together- We "get" each other.
#4. We are still IN love- Because we choose it.
#5. Okay, I have to say it. Seriously. We make great love. It hasn't gotten old or boring. Maybe less frequent, but only because of a baby, not because of desire. The 30 year old virgin no longer exists... the wait was so worth it!
#6. Much Laughter- Bill and I laugh. A lot. One of our motto's is " Will this matter in 30 years". If there is a disagreement about something, this is what we apply. It helps so much. Because of this and because of Bill's very easy going personality, WE LAUGH CONSTANTLY!
#7 Bill's awesome new job- A beautiful and very dear friend of mine paved the way for an amazing career for Bill. With this came a move to another state. By moving to a place where we really didn't know anyone, it has created a closeness and dependency on each other that could not have been found otherwise.
#8-Inheritance of new families- We love the families we have both inherited. We enjoy spending time with both sets of in laws and never have to argue about spending more time with one family over the other.
#9-We serve each other- Still, after two years, we do things for each other. When we ask each other to do something, we do it. Neither of us complain.
#10-An amazing future ahead- Bill and I live in the moment. I truly believe the main reason we have such a great marriage is because we don't let the past or future dictate what we do today. For so many years I did this and so did he. We let our mistakes dictate how we felt and chose to see ourselves. We have put the past where it should be... IN THE PAST!

Our marriage is filled with LAUGHTER, LOVE AND PEACE. Who could ask for anything more?

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY BABE. THE RIDE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL AND I LOOK FORWARD TO ANOTHER YEAR OF YOUR LOVE. THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME THE HAPPIEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD.

2 comments:

Janan said...

You have figured out more in your one year than I in my 6. Way to go! Sure do love you, I hope all your dreams come true this year! I have to meet this Dill Weed character and thank him personally for finding you and making you so darn happy!!!

Heather Whitehead said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I can't believe it's already been 1 year.
You look beautiful in that picture, you guys make a great couple and now your such a cute little family!
I think it's so cute how Bill has been showing Paisley off to everyone.
She's soooooo adorable!