Monday, July 16, 2012

We had a wonderful weekend camping at Miller's Landing.  We drove down on my 34th Birthday and had two families from our ward join us, the Crowther's and the Vien's Families.  It pretty much rained all weekend. It was wet, cold, muddy and mosquito infested, but it was beautiful.  I was so happy.  I am always happiest when Bill and I and the kids are all together.

Within five minutes of pulling in, we were watching two humpback whales playing in the inlet.  They were breaching and jumping all over the place.  We also saw several sea otters, in fact they were so close Paisley and McKoy were able to point them out.

It was really an uneventful weekend, but it was exactly what I needed.  Time with my Bill.  When we are together, things really are okay.  Its when he's away that I start making up all these crazy stories about how we need more time together and something "must be wrong" because I don't have this picture perfect family time being met, if that makes sense.  But everything really is okay.

Since my last post, things have been good, not perfect, but good.  When I focus on my children and don't worry about all the other little things that seem to bother me, I am patient, happy and content.  I love the little lessons that God is teaching me.  Depression, Trials, whatever you want to call it, in the end is something that we need to go through.  I just need to trust in Him more and not be so self centered.  I need to get off my pity party train and start enjoying life like those humpback whales.  Don't be surprised if you see a picture of Me breaching out of the ocean. Nude.

Just Kidding.

Well maybe that would cure me.

Okay, sorry for the visual.

But something to contemplate.

Don't you think??

(Alisha Williams Smith if you're reading this, do you remember our "Little Mermaid" stunts we use to pull at Hansen's Pond?? ) Hehehehehehehehe......












1 comment:

Jake and Alisha said...

Of course I am reading this and how could I not forget our mermaids. We were beautiful and loved to have agreat time. I can't believe you are 34, which means I am almost 35. Yikes, we are getting old. Maybe we should try our little mermaid stunt again, maybe we could feel young again. LOL Love ya Ginger and miss you.