Many have asked for me to blog about his story, so here it goes.
As many know, this little guy was ready to come at 20 weeks. Three days after we found out He was growing a "twig and some berries", my doctor put me on bed rest due to my cervix beginning to efface.
The next four months were very stressful and emotionally challenging. Toward the end of the pregnancy, Bill and I made many trips to Labor and Delivery thinking the time had come, but of course, these trips were nothing and I felt like I was going to go crazy. The stress of wondering how fast he was going to come and if he was going to arrive safely and then juggling around two toddlers was exhausting. Everyone would ask me what I was doing with all my free time in bed and honestly, all I could say was nothing. I couldn't concentrate on anything. I couldn't read, I couldn't watch movies, I couldn't do puzzles, I couldn't, couldn't, couldn't, couldn't, couldn't do this and I couldn't, couldn't, couldn't, couldn't, couldn't do that.
My wonderful husband got after me one night and said He was tired of hearing all the "couldnt's" and wanted to hear all the "could's".
That really didn't earn any brownie points for him.
Anyhow, after months of being mental and watching my body turn to jello, Bill and I decided to have a date night with our friends Mike and Morgan. My Mother had arrived the end of September and had urged us to go out and have some alone time. So, of course we choose to go get some nice fattening pizza at The Moose's Tooth and make my body even more jiggly.
After a two hour wait for our pizza, we gobble the scrumptious stuff down and then head home. Bill dropped me off so he could go watch UFC with his friends from church and My Mother and I pop in a movie. About 9:30 I start feeling my contractions becoming consistent and start timing them. They were coming every 3-6 minutes for about an hour. I call up Bill and tell him its time. We arrive to the hospital at 10:30pm and they say I'm dilated to a 3. They send me walking for an hour and a half. I don't walk, I run. For an hour and a half, I walked/jogged the stairs at Providence Hospital.
At 12:03am they recheck me and I am dilated to a 5!!!! Whooo Hooo, they admit me and bam, I strip down, take a nice hot shower, lie down and wait.....
My Mother is in the room by now and I am relaxing, listening to my hypnobirthing cd's. I am feeling great, no pain, nothing for the next five hours. Between sitting on a yoga ball, taking several hot showers and listening to my hypno stuff, I think this is going to be a piece of cake, again. O' Natural was the way to go with McKoy and its going to be easy just like it was with Him.
Six 'O Clock comes and I am still feeling superb. I am dilated to a 7 at this point and the nurse's ask me if I want the epidural. I am hesitating, thinking maybe I don't want to do this natural, but all the nurses and my husband are urging me to stick it out and not give in. So I listen to them, I don't give in.
Well, thirty minutes later I suddenly felt like I was going to die. I was hurting bad and wondering what I had gotten myself in to. Who the Hell goes natural because they simply want too? Bill kept trying to get me to focus on his face, but why would I want to do that? His face is the reason I got knocked up in the first place! Well okay if I could, I would've, but I was hurting so gosh darn bad I couldn't focus on anything. I wanted to puke, I wanted to scream and I wanted to close my eyes and just die.
For about an hour I felt like I was at the end of my earthly rope, but through it all, I didn't scream once. I breathed heavily, secretly cursed my husbands name and just kept telling myself, this is the last time I will ever have to do this.....
The one saving thought that kept going through my mind was this whole Saturday's Warrior scene. I couldn't help but think of My Grandma McKnight, My Grandpa Hansen, Bill's Father, Bill's Brother and his grandparents all standing around holding Jagger's hand while he was waiting to take his first breath of life. Thank You Creators of Saturday's Warrior for being my saving grace through childbirth.
Now then. By 7:30 I was dilated to an 8 and the nurse rolled me from my back to my side. All the sudden I yelled that I needed to push and she told me not to, the doctor wasn't there yet. I said I'm sorry, but I have to push and so I pushed.... next thing I hear her say is "well, there's the baby's head". They tell me to wait and I tell her I can't, that I need to push again. So I did just that and out he came. The two nurses caught Him after one and a half pushes.
Jagger was so beautiful and the incredible feeling that came with Him will never be forgotten. I feel such a unique bond with Him. He has been the most calm, relaxed and happy little baby. He is only 3 weeks old and I can't count how many times He has already smiled for me.
Every time I look at him and hold him in my arms I truly feel that he is a little angel.. He had so many prayers offered on his behalf, even before he was born. I am so grateful for Him and the happiness he has brought to our family.
Because of the stressful pregnancy and the painful delivery, for several days I felt convinced he would be our last. But its amazing to me how fast you forget all the misery you endure for 9 months to get them here. All the joy they bring truly outweighs the hell. My mind tells me there is no way I can handle another pregnancy/birth, but my heart already wants to give in and say there is no way this is it.
5 comments:
Love you guys so much. He is perfect!!
Ginger, I loved reading this. I am so touched by your story and I am so happy everyone is healthy. I am also thrilled that he was born on my birthday! You are truly an example of perseverance and determination. Take care and God bless your family!
I love you!
Jaryn
Oh, Ginger, he is so beautiful! Congrats to all of you.
He is beautiful and I think he looks EXACTLY like his big brother! Congrat's you guys!
Congratulations Ginger, he is beautiful! Glad your little miracle made it safely!
Post a Comment