Friday, January 9, 2009

A TOAST TO RATATOUILLE


STUPID MOVIE. You've made me consider something totally insane.

Last night we were both in the kitchen. We also both heard the noise. Dax (our dog) beelined it toward the dishwasher. At first I didn't think anything of it, until, he shoved his nose between the cracks of the lovely appliance.

Strange. Still the thought completely passed through one ear and out the other.

I awoke this morning and for some strange reason asked Bill to check under our sink for this gray haired, little critter. About 5 minutes later he announces we have had a visitor.

LITTLE TURDS EVERYWHERE. These rodents pooped all over my food pantry and underneath our sink.

Before Bill pulls anymore stuff out, I hop up on the counter, whip out breakfast for Paisley and observe with feet OFF the ground.

My first reaction is that I want to vomit. But then odd thoughts flowed into my mind about these nasty little creatures.

First off, why did God create them?

Second, do they have feelings?

And then even crazier, I start thinking about this lovely movie. Did this critter cook some gourmet meal for his family while we were away? Is his family underneath our house, in the crawl space, singing songs with empty stomachs? Are they dancing in my walls and mocking me for my fear?

How in the world did I start sympathizing for a stupid mouse?

I think the poop is getting to my mind.

I AM GOING TO DIE---- FROM THE

HAUNTOVIRUS.

Stupid Movie.

I wish the movie gave suggestions on how to KILL..KILL...KILL them. But no, Disney wouldn't create such violence.

So I ask you, what's the best way to D.E.S.T.R.O.Y. my new found friends?

6 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Your so funny! Hey that tile of Paisley came in and I picked it up! Ill give it to you at the sealing? So are we still doing family Pics? Back or still the Blue? Let me know...
Kerri

Melissa Hernandez said...

Ahhh, i would die. Thanks goodness I haven't seen the movie, so I saw KILL KILL KILL the SOB's!!! On a lighter note, yes I got your message on facebook. I should be there on the 24th, there is a possibility that we may go down to Chris's brother's house in Springville to see their new place that weekend with his parents, but I will let you know before then! Congrat's, it's going to be a really fun day!

Jean McKendrick said...

If it's any consolation, we had rats, yes as pets many years after we were married. they lived in cages though. We loved them, they were sweet. So you're not weird for thinking they have feelings. :) Go get some traps and clean really well. You don't know what kind of disease they are carrying (not to freak you out even more). If you go on my blog the McAllisters in CO Springs also had a similar problem, you would probably laugh at her story. It has been a few posts ago so you may have to go back to read it.

Jean McKendrick said...

To answer your question on my blog, yes, I can play guitar hero. Matt's the champ though. You would have a ball and become addicted I am sure.

TheWhettenFamilia said...

Ew! I hate mice! Congrats on the upcoming sealing! That's very exciting! and your baby is so cute!

susie said...

We had been invaded by mice and every other day for a couple weeks it was a war to catch them. Then we got a little electric gadget that plugs in the wall and has a high pitch sound or something (we can't hear it) that drives them away. Someplace like CAL Ranch would have them. Maybe WallMart. Good Luck. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats, for all the special events in your life. Love the Bryans