Okay, so my little vent the other night was so much more therapeutic than I thought it would be. I REALLY want to enjoy Alaska, not just so I will be happier, but so my kids will be happy and most importantly so Bill will be happy. I've got to start looking at the positives and quit day dreaming about living close to family and friends again. So, as great as that little vent was, I am going to choose to write about the things that I love about Alaska and my children and perhaps it will take my mind off of missing my family so much.
Jagger has been the most smiley and the most ticklish and happy out of the three. My other two hate getting diaper changes but he giggles through them. He has been an amazing baby, doesn't sleep so great at nights, but regardless, he is always in a happy mood. Everyone always exclaims that he looks so surprised all the time and well, he does. He just has these big brown beautiful eyes and has the oddest expressions. He likes to projectile vomit a lot, not just a little but a whole gosh darn lot. He never liked cereal or baby food so he pretty much went straight to table foods at 7 months. He has been such a delightful, easy baby. In this picture He is sitting in front of the campfire at the Eagle River Campground.
Oh Paisley, my energetic, bouncing off the walls little girl. In all her climbing and craziness, she is so sweet and loves to think outside the box. The creative things that she comes up with blows me away, she always looks at things and does things so differently it amazes me. Whether its the way she eats her food or the way she plays with a game, I've come to believe she has her daddy's mind because well she just does things so differently. She is so determined and strong willed and wants things done pretty much her way or no way. She's a challenge, but she''s good for me. My friend has her children calling me "Miss Ginger" and well, Paisley has decided she no longer needs to call me Mommy, but "Miss Ginger". Here Paisley is roasting her mallows at the campfire.
Here we are about to sleep our first night in a tent. Last summer Daddy got to enjoy camping with these two quite often and this Memorial Weekend was my turn to experience camping with my kids and well, I loved it. (Above).
(Below) Here is Bill with two friends and each of them holding their tiny little dogs. It was such a great picture, three grown men with their "manly" dogs.
Alaska is so beautiful and during this camping experience I told Bill that I could stay in Alaska forever. Well then a few days go by and all the sudden I am homesick and wishing we could be closer to them. This camping trip was 3 weeks ago and I have had a bad attitude about Alaska ever since. I realize my posts may bore many people, but I really feel the need to write about our Alaskan Adventure and look for the good in being here. I am hoping that by doing so I will become more grateful and happy as we raise our family in such a unique part of the world and far away from our loved ones.
So here's to writing down the positive side of being here. If I choose to vent here or there, please don't judge. This is going to become my therapeutic outlet. That and exercise.
So here's to looking forward to a more positive future.
2 comments:
We love you Ginger!!! We miss you guys and your kids, but are excited to see you soon.... Leslie
Ginger, I'm sorry you're homesick. Mike and I moved back to Fruita last month and I am terribly homesick for Kauai. I loved it there so much and I miss it in a way that I NEVER missed Fruita. I would go back there in a heartbeat and someday I'm gonna.
Post a Comment