Sunday, March 7, 2010

Going from THIS to THAT to HER to HIM









































So you wait 29 years, 5 months and 1 day to get married. Add an additional 40 weeks on top of that and you finally get HER, your first little baby. It really is everything you imagined it would be. Both, marriage and having a baby. It was something you felt like you had to go through Hell to find, but you know it was well worth the wait and ride through Satan's territory to get there.

So. Now, you are married 2 years, 2 months and 30 days. You have a 15 month old child and you are 37 weeks pregnant with your second, a baby boy. But Who am I besides this person who has been an incubator for two little children.

Yes. I'm a Mother. But, is that it?

I go from THIS to THAT to HER to HIM

Where are the days I felt like GINGER and not just MOTHER and WIFE. Don't get me wrong, being a Mother and a Wife is huge, but where did my identity go?

Going from Single-hood to Motherhood was NOT as easy a transition as I had always believed it would be. I've felt lost these past two years trying to figure out my new role as His wife and Their Mother. I am now on a mission to be Ginger again.

I am done trying to "play a role". I am back to just "being Ginger".

Somewhere in this midst of this thing called Motherhood, its hard to find the time to get dolled up and feel like a princess, like on your wedding day. So, my first step?

Took a day to get pampered. Pedicure? Check. Hair colored and cut? Check. Girls night out? Check.

Now comes the next step. DO NOT CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK OF YOU.

This will have to be done a day at a time. I can do it. When I was single I really had such great confidence and its slipped tremendously since I've been married. But its time to get that confidence back and not worry.

The only approval I need is from God. As long as I am right in his eyes, nobody else's eyes matter.

So here's to the journey of getting my "spice back".

I've missed you.


5 comments:

Janan said...

I love you spice!! And just so you know, you can come to AZ anytime and be SPICE! I'd love to have you!!! And, on the other note, thanks for being such a great friend! You are amazing! If I was to ever have a sister, I'd sure as heck hope she was just like you!!!

TheWhettenFamilia said...

Other than the mommy part I have felt this way alot! I use to be very self confident and now not so much! Love you!

The Wellness Guru's said...

I feel exactly like that sometimes too!! I love you girl and I am so glad you are back to the blogging world!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I just happened to click on your blog name on my parents blog and this came up, I am soooo excited you are back in the blogging world I thought you were done, i will have to add you back to my blog list, I thought you had deleted your blog. I am such a better blogger than a facebooker, it's so much fun. Welcome back! Hope you are feeling well and getting some sleep!

Colleen said...

I love you Ginger! You are so awesome!! Never let anyone else tell or make you think otherwise!